TABLE OF CONTENT
Every women wishes to have silky, smooth and soft hairs. Unfortunately, not all women have silky and smooth hairs naturally. There are a lot of women around the world who have dry, frizzy and thick & thin hairs, and hence they get extremely worried. Moreover, it may come as a surprise to you that having bad or dry hairs affects a person’s confidence.
According to a research conducted by Harvey Water Softeners, 40% people have lack of confidence due to dry and frizzy hair. Moreover, according to a survey in USA, 77% people feel that they are not attractive, sue to frizzy hairs. Many people think that there is no way to get rid of dry and frizzy hairs, but let us tell you that it is an over grown misconception. Before we reach to the solution, let’s talk about the causes of dry and frizzy hairs.
There are several causes of dry and frizzy hairs, but the most common reason is inadequate or insufficient moisture in your hairs. Sometimes our hairs lose moisture because the scalp is not able to retain it. This can be due to washing your hairs excessively. Moreover, your hairs can become dry due to excessive heating (such as blow dry or straightening), hormonal imbalance, excessive weight loss, malnutrition and dry climate.
But don’t worry, we have a solution for this problem. In this article, we will share tips and step by step guide on how to make your hairs silky naturally, by using home remedies. So, get silky and smooth hairs and flaunt them confidently.
Try out these simple and easy home remedies for silky and soft hairs
Although getting silky and smooth hairs seems a difficult and lengthy process, however that’s not true. Rather than rushing to salons for expensive hair treatments, you can try home remedies using natural things, for smooth and silky hairs. In this article, we will provide tried and tested tips to get smooth and soft hairs naturally.
• Apply Aloe Vera
Although Aloe Vera is beneficial for skin problems, it also helps in repairing dry and damaged hairs. Aloe Vera is rich in enzymes that repair damaged cells in our scalp and also enhances follicles, which further leads to amplified hair growth. Following is the guide on how to make and apply Aloe Vera hair mask.
1. Slice an Aloe Vera leaf and take out two table spoons of gel. Make sure that you only extract the white gel, not the yellow one.
2. Mix the gel well enough that it becomes smooth and flowy.
3. Then add two table spoons of water and mix it well.
4. Use a brush to apply aloe vera mask to your hairs. Keep it for 30 minutes.
5. Wash your hairs with cold water.
Note: you can also put Aloe Vera mask in a spray bottle and spray it on your hairs, after washing them, and leave it on your hairs, no need to wash it.
• Massage your scalp with coconut/olive oil
Coconut oil is beneficial for hairs, as it boosts growth and make them strong. Moreover, coconut oil nourishes your hairs and stays intact in your shafts which results in smooth and shiny hairs. In addition to this, if you use olive oil, it will not only nourish your hairs, but will prevent them from dryness and damage, as it is rich in vitamin E and fatty acids. Here is the guideline on how to massage your scalp
1. Pour 3 to 4 table spoons of coconut/olive oil into a utensil and heat it for a few seconds, until it gets mild warm.
2. Massage your scalp with the oil of your choice using your finger tips for 15 minutes.
3. Then cover your hairs with a towel or shower cap. Keep the oil for the next 30 minutes, so that it absorbs in your hairs and nourishes them.
4. Wash your hairs with cold water and sulfate-free shampoo.
5. You can apply conditioner if you want to.
• Apply apple cider vinegar on your hairs
Apple cider vinegar is very useful for keeping your hairs shiny, nourished and moisturized. Apple cider vinegar is rich in acetic acid, which protects your hairs from dryness and itching and results in improved hair growth. Moreover, it is also helpful in preventing your hairs from dandruff, and if unfortunately you have dandruff, then it will help you get rid of it. Here is the way on how to use apple cider vinegar for smooth and silky hairs:
1. Take 2 table spoons of apple cider vinegar and dilute it with one cup of water.
2. Wash your hairs with shampoo and apply conditioner, the way you do it normally.
3. Rinse off your hairs with apple cider vinegar and cover it with a shower cap or towel for 15 minutes.
4. Wash your hairs with water, or you can let it dry naturally, if the smell of vinegar does not irritate you.
• Apply onion juice
Onion is not just a vegetable you can eat, but it is also useful for hair treatment. If you want to get rid of dry hairs and itchy scalp, then use this home remedy. Since onions are rich in minerals such as sulfur, phosphorous, biotin, magnesium, copper and folic acid and in vitamin C, it moisturizes your hairs, make them soft and shiny, and most importantly, reduces hair fall. Try out this easy and quick home remedy for smooth and frizz-free hairs.
1. Slice an onion and blend it well to extract its juice.
2. Add 3 to 4 drops of lavender essential oil and mix it well.
3. Massage your scalp with onion juice using your fingertips. Leave it on your hairs for 15 minutes.
4. Rinse off your hairs with mild, sulfate-free shampoo.
Note: use onion juice to massage your scalp twice a week for good results.
• Apply egg white mask
The remedy of using eggs for hair treatment is very common, but there are variations in every hair treatment remedy using egg. Since eggs are rich in proteins, they moisturizes and nourish your hairs and make its texture soft and smooth. Here is how you can use eggs.
1. Whip two egg whites in a bowl and add one table spoon of olive oil and one table spoon of honey.
2. Mix it well. Apply the egg white mask with a brush, starting from the scalp to the shafts.
3. Cover your hairs with shower cap or towel for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Rinse off your hairs with mild and sulfate-free shampoo.
Related Blog: Surprising Benefits of Dry Shampoo for Curly Hair
• Apply yoghurt
Yoghurt is another common ingredient used for hair related home remedy. Since yoghurt is rich in B5 and D and is good for strong and nourished hairs. Moreover, yoghurt also prevents your hairs against dryness and dandruff. Following is the guideline on how you can use yoghurt for hair treatment.
1. Pour one cup of yoghurt, 2 table spoons of olive oil and 4 drops of lavender essential oil in a bowl and mix it well.
2. Use a brush to apply the mask on your hairs.
3. Once your hairs are covered with mask, cover them with a shower cap or towel for 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Wash your hairs with sulfate-free shampoo.
5. Apply conditioner of you wish to.
• Apply banana hair mask
Banana is not only to eat, but for hair treatment as well. Since bananas are rich in minerals like potassium and silica, it improves blood circulation, enhances hair follicles, minimizes hair fall and makes the texture soft and lustrous. Moreover, silica in bananas produces collagen which enhances hair volume and makes them thick and strong. Bananas are also useful in getting rid of dandruff, itchy scalp and excessive hair fall. So, we can say that banana mask is all in one solution for all your hair problems. Following are the guidelines on how you can make and apply banana hair mask.
1. Take one ripe banana and mash it well. Add 2 drops of lavender sessential oil and mix it well.
2. Use a brush or your hand, whatever feels convenient, to apply the mask on your hairs, starting from the scalp to the tip.
3. Cover your hairs with a towel or shower cap for 20 minutes.
4. Rinse off your hairs with a sulfate-free shampoo and cold water.
Although the above mentioned tips and guidelines are more useful for people having dry and frizzy hairs, however, I personally think that people with silky and smooth hairs should also take care of their hairs well and keep them nourished. Home remedies such as coconut/olive oil massage, applying egg or yoghurt mask can be used by any individual who wishes to keep their hairs, smooth and strong. So, what are you waiting for!!! Try these home remedies and flaunt your looks with smooth and silky hairs naturally!!